Judyth Reichenberg-Ullman, internationally known for her books on autism, ADHD, and anxiety, talks in this congress presentation about her experience of 30 years of homeopathic treatment of autistic children.
Four selected cases, each followed for long periods, illustrate the profound transformations in the character and life of the affected children and their parents made possible by homeopathy. One of the patients with Asperger‘s
syndrome who was suffering from deeply disturbed communication and social difficulties is now leading a completely normal life and plans to go to university …
She passionately pleads for homeopaths to tread new paths and use less well-known remedies such as the Oenanthe from the Umbelliferae family or Arsenicum sulphuratum flavum if the cases (as in these examples) indicate they may be appropriate.
Along with practical tips to help identify the unique aspects of each child in this group of very different and special children – for the clue that will lead to the remedy – she provides valuable hints for case management:
- What kinds of information from the casetaking can be useful?
- Where should we look for changes in behaviour, attention, sociability and so on following the prescription of a remedy?
- What are the problems typically faced by parents, from exhaustion through social isolation to self-reproach?
Homeopathy is often the final hope for these despairing, shattered parents!
This presentation provides a ray of hope, even when taking on very challenging cases, regardless of whether the child is still relatively approachable with Asperger‘s syndrome or completely cut-off with autism. It is just necessary to bring flexibility, a great deal of patience, and undivided attention to bear on these cases …
- Asperger‘s Syndrome
- Case: Oenanthe crocata
- Case: Arsenicum sulphuratum flavum
- Case Management for Asperger‘s Syndrome
- Parent‘s Comments
- Case: Helleborus; Bellis perennis; Nux vomica
You can also purchase the complete DVD set of the Mental Health Congress.